Sunday, September 12, 2010

STRIKE!

I love the drawing! It looks great, especially with the markers. You can tell that you are getting really good at using them. We should frame that. I can't believe you were up so late, I wish I had checked my computer this morning, at least to say hi.
 I was kinda in a rush this morning anyway. We got up kinda early you know, and I really didn't want to wake up, but I told myself it would be worth it, just laying on the beach all day sounds so relaxing. SO we went to the train station, caught the train, and the two cities outside of Florence (about an hour later) the train just stops at a station and doesn't move again. Turns out there was a strike. Boo! They told us that happens a lot in Italy, the conductors just decide to stop working and it could be an hour or three days until they start running normally again. But it made me so mad, all I wanted to do was sit by the beach and go in the ocean, and we had already paid for the train ticket. Luckily that girl Katie and her roomates happened to be on the train too, so we all tried to figure out what to do together. We found out that no trains or buses were going to be going to the beach until 6 at night! And then we missed the last train back to Florence! Luckily there was a bus back to Florence that only cost 3 euro. But what a bummer way to spend the morning/afternoon. Definitely not ideal.
When I got back though I took a towel to the top of the roof an just laid out, reading my book for a while, which was just what I would have wanted to do at the beach. I might have time to go for a run later too now! It is so beautiful here, I can't wait to talk to you today. Wake up soon please! I think I am going to take a nap right now with little isaiah.  love you baby, it is getting harder and harder everyday to be without you, which makes me really scared, im actually starting to tear up now just thinking about it, but I'm going to try not to think about it, ok?
 Love you lots and lots and lots,
Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment